Chicken soup may be good for the soul in a heartwarming, comfort food sort of way, but what if you’re seeking to ditch the noodles, keep it clean, and have a macronutrient goal to meet?
The thing is, though this may shatter the idealized mold, chicken soup isn’t the only soup that’s good for the soul. I know, I know…haters to the right, haters to the left.
But, hear me out.
Soup can be such a warming, filling meal. And, when your soup pot is simmering with the right ingredients, it’s not only good for the soul, but it can be slimming as well!
That’s right, soups are a great way to incorporate a variety of healthy foods and stick to your goals!
Don’t believe me? Just check out this cabbage soup recipe! Full of healthy, slimming ingredients and keto and paleo friendly, you’ll be adding this one to your favorites list for sure!
Or, maybe you’ll even be inspired to pen a series of “cabbage soup for the soul” books. No?
Okay, onto the recipe then…
Cabbage Roll Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds grass-fed ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 6 cups beef stock
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste (be sure it does not contain sugar)
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 large head of cabbage, halved and sliced
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat the butter (or ghee) and olive oil. Add garlic and onion and cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add ground beef and pork, brown, and drain any excess grease.
- Add beef broth and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- To further cut down on carbs, you can omit the tomato paste and one can of the diced tomatoes.
- Ground turkey can be subbed for the ground beef and pork for a flavor or nutritional variation.
- This recipe can also be made in the crockpot. (Suggested to cook on high for 3-4 hours)
- This recipe can easily be frozen and reheated when needed.
- Some folks opt to skip the cauliflower rice and still find the soup to be just as tasty.
Rapid Weight Loss Soup
Women and men are buzzing about a new wave of weight loss soups so powerful — they take off up to 21 pounds in 21 days…
And a jean size in a single week. According to Harvard-trained diet guru Dr. Ian Smith, “It’s all about using the right ingredients”.
Even better, Penn State University researchers found that the mix of solid foods and liquid together tricks the body into feeling full about 400 calories sooner than it normally would.
If you do the math…
That means up to 50 pounds of extra weight loss in just one year…
…without you doing any real “work”.
Anyways, if you’re a soup lover like me, then you’ll want to check this out 🙂
I’m making chicken bacon ranch tonight 🙂