Who says eating foods that are healthy for your heart has to suck?!?
Here’s a delicious, heart-healthy banana bread recipe for you to enjoy this weekend!
Heart Healthy Banana Bread
Servings: 1 Loaf
- 2-1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cup Mashed bananas
- 2/3 cup Honey-crunch wheat germ
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Salt
- 1/2 cup Egg substitute, thawed
- 1/3 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 6 ounce frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 stick Margarine
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients.
- With a pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in bananas, undiluted apple-juice concentrate, egg substitute, walnuts, and vanilla just until flour is moistened.
- Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out Clean.
- Cool bread in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool slightly. Serve warm, or cool completely to serve later.